The following terms and conditions govern all use of www.occumi.co.uk (the “Website“) and Application (the Service). The Service is owned and managed by Occumi Ltd (Co. No: 10921919) (“we“, “us” and “our“) and is offered subject to your acceptance of all of the terms and conditions contained herein and as modified from time to time and all other operating rules, policies and procedures that may be published throughout this Website by us.
ACCOUNT REGISTRATION AND RESPONSIBILITIES OF ACCOUNT HOLDERS
Access to certain areas of the Service require registration by creating an account with us. You agree to take responsibility for the confidentiality of your password and other account identifiers which you choose, and for all activities that occur under your account.
By registering with the Occumi Service, you agree that:
- you will ensure that any details provided by you upon account registration or at any time are correct and complete; and
- you are of age 16 or over.
You will not create an account or use the website:
- for the purpose of abusing the functionality of the Service or other users;
- to pass yourself off as another user;
- to reproduce, duplicate, copy or re-sell any part of our Website in contravention of the provisions of these terms; and
- to access without authority, interfere with, damage or disrupt:
- any part of our Website;
- any equipment or network on which our Website is stored;
- any software used in the provision of our Website; or
- any equipment or network or software owned or used by any third party.
We may suspend or terminate your account with immediate effect for any reasonable purpose and at our sole discretion or if you breach these terms and conditions.
You may cancel your registration at any time by informing us in writing via email to Joe.Shepherd@Occumi.com or Josh.Clarke@Occumi.com. Cancellation or suspension of your registration does not affect your statutory rights.
Our Website is directed to people residing in the United Kingdom. We do not represent that content available on or through our Website is appropriate for use or available in other locations.
You may use our site only for lawful purposes. You may not use our site:
- to create an account to upload content that contains software viruses, computer code, files or any other programs designed to interrupt, limit or destroy the operation of the Service;
- todo anything that could interrupt, limit or disrupt the operation of the Service, such as a denial of service attack or interference with Service functionality;
- in any way that breaches any applicable local, national or international law or regulation;
- in any way that is unlawful or fraudulent, or has any unlawful or fraudulent purpose or effect;
- for the purpose of harming or attempting to harm minors in any way;
- to send, knowingly receive, upload, download, use or reuse any material which does not comply with our content standards below;
- to transmit, or procure the sending of, any unsolicited or unauthorised advertising or promotional material or any other form of similar solicitation (spam); or
- to knowingly transmit any data, send or upload any material that contains viruses, Trojan horses, worms, time-bombs, keystroke loggers, spyware, adware or any other harmful programs or similar computer code designed to adversely affect the operation of any computer software or
Any content you upload to our Website will be considered non-confidential and non-proprietary. You retain all of your ownership rights in your content, but you are required to grant us a licence to use, store and copy that content and to distribute and make it available to third parties.
UPTIME AND AVAILABILITY OF THE SERVICE
- The Service is made available “as is” and on an “as available” basis. We give no warranty that the Service will be free of defects and/or faults. To the maximum extent permitted by law, we provide no warranties of fitness for any particular purpose. Occumi is under no obligation to update information on the Service.
- Whilst Occumi takes reasonable endeavours to ensure that the Service is secure and free of errors, viruses and other malware, we give no warranty in that regard.
- You should take responsibility for your own security, your personal details and your computers.
- Occumi accepts no liability for any disruption or non-availability of the Service.
- Occumi reserves the right to alter, suspend or discontinue any part (or the whole of) the Service. These terms and conditions will continue to apply to any modified version of the Service unless expressly stated otherwise.
DISCLAIMER AND LIMITATIONS OF LIABILITY
- We will not be liable to you in respect of any losses arising out of events beyond our control.
- We do not exclude or limit in any way our liability to you where it would be unlawful to do so. This includes liability for death or personal injury caused by our negligence and for fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation.
- To the maximum extent permitted by law, Occumi accepts no liability for any of the following;
- any business losses, such as loss of profits, income, revenue, anticipated savings, business contracts or commercial opportunities;
- loss or corruption of any data, database or software;
- any special / indirect or consequential loss or damage.
- any liability we may take in response to breaches of these terms and conditions and we may take any other action we deem appropriate.
USE OF YOUR DATA
Occumi reserves full rights to share information from the System with selected partners from time to time. By accessing the System you agree that Occumi can:
- collect and use content and information you upload to the System to:
- improve and develop the Website and services;
- communicate with you;
- carry out research; and
- share content and information with selected Partners from time to time
For the purpose of the Data Protection Act 1998 (the “Act”), the data controller is Occumi Ltd of Ground Floor, Southway House, 29 Southway, Colchester, Essex CO2 7BA.
We will collect and process the following data about you:
- Information you give us. This is information about you that you give us by filling in forms on our Website or by corresponding with us by phone, e-mail or otherwise. It includes information you provide when you register to use our Website, subscribe to our service, and when you report a problem with our Website. The information you give us may include your name, address, e-mail address and phone number, financial and credit card information, and personal description.
- Information we receive from other sources. We are working closely with third parties (including, for example, business partners, advertising networks, analytics providers and search information providers)
We will use this information:
- to carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us and to provide you with the information and services that you request from us;
- to provide you with information about other services we offer that are similar to those that you have already purchased or enquired about;
- to provide you, or permit selected third parties to provide you, with information about services we feel may interest you. If you are an existing customer, we will only contact you by electronic means (e-mail or SMS) with information about services similar to those provided to you. If you are a new customer, and where we permit selected third parties to use your data, we (or they) will contact you by electronic means only if you have consented to this. If you do not want us to use your data in this way, or to pass your details on to third parties for marketing purposes, please tick the relevant box situated on the form on which we collect your data; and
- to notify you about changes to our service.
Information we collect about you. We will use this information:
- to administer our Website and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes;
- as part of our efforts to keep our Website safe and secure;
- to measure or understand the effectiveness of advertising we serve to you and others, and to deliver relevant advertising to you; and
- to make suggestions and recommendations to you and other users of our Website about services that may interest you or them.
Information we receive from other sources. We will combine this information with information you give to us and information we collect about you. We will use this information and the combined information for the purposes set out above (depending on the types of information we receive).
You agree that we have the right to share your personal information with:
- Selected third parties including:
- advertisers and advertising networks that require the data to select and serve relevant adverts to you and others; and
- analytics and search engine providers that assist us in the improvement and optimisation of our Website;
- in the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we will disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets;
- if Occumi Ltd or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about its customers will be one of the transferred assets; or
Where we store your personal data
Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of our Website, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone.
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes at any time by contacting us at Joe.Shepherd@Occumi.com or Josh.Clarke@Occumi.com.
Access to information
The Act gives you the right to access information held about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with the Act. Any access request will be subject to a fee of £10 to meet our costs in providing you with details of the information we hold about you.
- This agreement shall be governed by and interpreted according to the law of England and Wales and all disputes arising under the Agreement (including non-contractual disputes or claims) shall be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English and Welsh
- We are the owner or the licensee of all intellectual property rights in our Website, and in the material published on it. Those works are protected by copyright laws and treaties around the world. All such rights are reserved.
- You must not use any part of the content on our Website for commercial purposes without obtaining a licence to do so from us or our licensors.
- The content on our Website is provided for general information only. It is not intended to amount to advice on which you should rely. You must obtain professional or specialist advice before taking, or refraining from, any action on the basis of the content on our Website.
- Although we make reasonable efforts to update the information on our Website, we make no representations, warranties or guarantees, whether expressed or implied, that the content on our Website is accurate, complete or up to date.
- This material includes, but is not limited to, the design, layout, look, appearance and Reproduction is prohibited other than in accordance with the copyright notice,which forms part of these terms and conditions.
- From time to time this website may also include links to other websites. These links are provided for your convenience to provide further information. They do not signify that we endorse the website(s). We have no responsibility or control for the content of the linked website(s).